FreeFeed is a social network that enables you to discover and discuss the interesting stuff your friends find on the web.
FreeFeed is being built as a replacement for FriendFeed, the real-time aggregator and social network where "likes" for user generated content were implemented for the first time.
FreeFeed is based on Pepyatka project.
The backend is built with Node.js and PostgreSQL.
The frontend is built with React.
Setting up development environment
- Download and install Vagrant
- Clone FreeFeed Vagrant project: https://github.com/dsumin/freefeed-vagrant
- Use vagrant up to launch the environment and follow the instructions
FreeFeed on GitHub
- FreeFeed backend: https://github.com/FreeFeed/freefeed-server
- FreeFeed frontend: https://github.com/FreeFeed/freefeed-react-client
- Unstable branch server: https://george.freefeed.net
- Stable branch server: https://candy.freefeed.net
- Development group on FreeFeed: https://freefeed.net/ffdev
- FAQ: https://dev.freefeed.net/w/faq
- Slack: https://freefeed.slack.com
- Specs and screenshots of FriendFeed.com
- Suggested optimizations
Alternative frontend versions
- Gamma (https://gamma.freefeed.net)
- Vanilla (https://m.freefeed.net)
There are several other groups that share the same legacy: